Monday, May 13, 2013

DESIGNING FOR A PROFESSIONAL OFFICE SPACE...

I am about to embark upon two office projects, both in NYC. Of course both clients have TOTALLY different visions for their spaces. Since both companies have a marketing twist to their businesses, we are able to be a little more creative than usual with the design.

One client's space has an industrial feel with the exposed ductwork and mechanics in the ceiling, white walls and hard wood floors. She envisions a dream like setting. Think the Warren Beatty movie, "Heaven Can Wait" (God, I'm dating myself!): modern, ethereal and white. Here are some photos from her inspiration board...





My other client's office has taupe walls, floors with a faux whitewashed antique finish, exposed ductwork and beams painted charcoal & brown, and a killer view. Mind you, he did all this himself before he even hired me so you know he's got amazing taste.

He envisions his space to be an extension of his home. He wants old world industrial yet eclectic and contemporary. Think the Restoration Hardware meets Crate and Barrel. The furnishings, although they need to be office appropriate, should function in an apartment as well. Here's some of his inspiration...





 This one is going to be more of a challenge, but I'm up to it.

Tomorrow we'll look at the elements needed for each space: executive office, conference rooms, etc.

Happy trend spotting...



Peace and Blessings,
Tammy




SOME PHOTOS COURTESY OF CRATEANDBARREL.COM, RESTORATIONHARDWARE.COM

2 comments:

  1. I hope that I will own this kind of office space for my new company and I want my staff to sit in a place like this that will fill charm in them.

    http://www.mylondonofficespace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some of the latest trends on designing for a professional office space. Being creative in the design of a workplace is really important not only for efficiency but also to attract more customers.

    ReplyDelete