Wednesday, August 15, 2012

THE LOW DOWN: PIER 1 IMPORTS...



Pier 1 has been around for 40 years. I have fond memories of shopping there when my mother purchased furniture for my first apartment in college. The products usually have a charming, global or artisan flair which is right up my alley.

When the stores first opened, Pier 1 was known mostly for its rattan and wicker furniture which is still one of the very popular offerings.



Now this national retailer has expanded its product lines to almost every type of home decor and accessory you can think of at really affordable prices.  I've bought everything from rugs and lamps to nightstands and media cabinets, even desks and bookcases.

 







My personal favorites are the outdoor furniture, candle holders and dinnerware.













A few years ago, I furnished my husband's entire office aka his man cave (except his LazyBoy Recliner) with a rich espresso wood desk, bookcase, printer stand and side table all from Pier 1. Its a little matchy-matchy for my taste but it looks great and its comfortable for him. I would post photos but that would lead to embarassment for both my husband and me.

Pier 1 stores are everywhere. There are 3 locations alone within 10 miles of where I live.

Happy shopping...

Peace and Blessings,
Tammy


Photos courtesy of Pier1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment